Hi there… today I am going to share my little knowledge regarding style and style statement. So… What is style??? I don’t know what is the answer for you but for me style is a extended presentation of myself. What I feel, what my mood is like today reflects in my style. Now let’s come to style statement… For me style statement is when you wear your own style with attitude and the world follow your style as a trend.
How many time have u tried to follow the style of your favourite celebrity? And how many times have you failed in doing so?? Don’t I sound like a professional??? well… I am not. Let me tell you a secret. After telling you guys it will not remain a secret anymore but still let me tell you…
( I have learnt all this after many trials and errors. I was a fashion victim before who turned into… ok,ok. May be I am not a style diva. But today at least I know a little about styling and dressing according to occasion.)
FROM THIS I HAVE MANAGED TO BECOME
In my early teenage I used to try to follow my favourite stars blindly, without knowing what will suit me and what will not. That’s why most of the time I used to become a style victim. My so called friends and cousins used to pull my leg and they made me a laughing stock. They also used to taunt me regarding my dusky complexion and not so pretty face. I almost lost all hopes of becoming a stylish girl when my parents stood by my side. They made me realize that nobody is perfect. It’s not about how you look but style is about presenting yourself confidently. After that I started reading about style and trend. And after many trials and errors I am what I am today… As I said I am not a style diva but I am a common girl with little bit of style sense.
It’s important to wear what suits you but it’s more important to wear what you want to wear, what makes you happy. As I said, style is just an extension of your personality. What I can do is give you all some styling tips…
- As someone said that “A girl should be two things – classy and fabulous.” So try to be a bit classy in choice. From your favourite jeans to the pencil skirt you wear to work, nothing makes it more classy than a button down white shirt.
- If your closet is full of neutral toned clothes, it is a great way to add colous using accessories. It may be a great pair of shoes, or a handbag, a pair of earrings and even a nail polish!!!
- ” The biggest mistake women make is wearing pants that aren’t the right length for their shoes,” says stylist Kate Young. So keep your hems in such a way that it should gaze the top of your shoes.
- If you want to transform your plain T’s in seconds, just keep a scarf in your purse and throw it on.
- “Once you know which silhouettes flatter you, filter trends ruthlessly,” says designer Shoshanna Gruss. So if you are a petite and shapely, don’t be ashamed of showing of your curves and don’t hide yourself behind column shaped clothes. If not then try ro wear something that makes you look petite and shapely.
- Coco Chanel had a approach of “more is more” which makes a statement till date. You can go for multiples of same piece or you can go for contrast… the choice is always yours.
- Are you in doubt regarding your shoes? Well whenever I am in doubt I wear nude pumps which match my skin tone. Not only they are a safe choice, but also gives a illusion of longer legs.
- When wearing stripes, keep one thing in mind that if you are short in height, try to wear vertical stripes which gives you an illusion of being taller.
- Very few people can wear baggy clothes and pull off the look. So try to wear tights with baggy. May be a flowy top with tight fitted bottoms or a well fitted top with palazzos or long skirts.
- Got compliment about what you wore today? snap a picture and you will know what to wear the next time you are in a rush.
Okay…. I know I did a bit too much today. I truely wish that these tips help you in your journey of being stylish. Wait for my next article with some more style tips. Till then don’t forget to hit the like button if you like the post. Also leave a comment that will help me improve my writing. Till then be happy,be stylish,be creative…